Choosing The Right Eyewear For An Active Lifestyle
Mud runs, color runs, hiking, and casual sports seem to be replacing cocktail parties and lazy get togethers. The new social scene is the outdoors.
Choose The Right Eyewear For Your Active Lifestyle
If you are someone who’s made the transition to a more active lifestyle, you may want to consider what eyewear will accompany your adventures! Anyone who participates in outdoor or vigorous activity–casually or seriously–can benefit tremendously from proper eyewear.
For an active lifestyle, eyewear should have some, if not all of these properties:
- Impact resistant
- 100% UV protection
- Maximum comfort and fit
Three top styles of sunglasses for an active lifestyle are:
- Oakley—which caters to different activities using different colored lenses to enhance the activity.
- Maui Jim—which offers unparalleled clarity and color.
- Ray Ban—the iconic brand that you’ve trusted for years has 3 different colored polarized lens options and too many styles to name to fit every activity.
No matter your activity level, Dr. Shannon’s office has the perfect-for-you sunglasses to keep you protected and seeing clearly!
Sunglasses Aren’t Just For Sunny Days
Even on cloudy days, your eyes are still exposed to UV light. Outdoor activities can cause negative short and long-term affects on your vision. By wearing sunglasses while you engage in outside activity:
- UV light is blocked from your eyes
- Your eyes are protected from blue-light exposure
- Vision is comfortable
- Your eyes will be able to adapt to darkness quicker and easier
- You can avoid skin cancer around the eyes
We Carry Plenty Of Options
We carry plenty of sunglass options- from the ultra active Oakley to the ultra chic Gucci styles and everything in between! We can customize most of these to accommodate your prescription. So if you’re looking to protect your eyes and look good, our office is the place for you!
It is worth investing in a pair of glasses that are fit for your lifestyle, because your sight is something worth protecting! By keeping your eyes protected, you can maintain your active lifestyle without compromising your sight. Do you have questions about what glasses may be right for your active lifestyle? Feel free to schedule an appointment with us or leave a comment with your question. We would love to help you protect your eyes and see clearly on your next adventure!